Saturday, April 25, 2015

Trying new ways to accomplish old things - F3

YOUNGER NEXT YEARyoungernextyear.com

So, in the book , YOUNGER NEXT YEAR,  the author suggests trying new things and setting goals for yourself so you build and enrich your own life without waiting for others to do it for you.






Lately, in the keeping in shape side of things I have been working out with a group called #F3Hartsville. This is a Men's only outfit that was founded in Charlotte, NC and it sprouting chapters all over the country. F3Nation is obviously filling a need. The Three F's stand for Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. The group -- with accountability as key value - provides lots of ways to grow in those F's while trying to keep at least one additional F - the family - at top of mind.


My F3 name is "RADAR" yeah they were thinking of M-A-S-H though I am still not sure where it came from. All F3 members have their nicknames - part of the deal. As one of the older members in our group (okay, right now probably the oldest) I get the RESPECT cheer as we go around our circle. The younger guys do not really understand that my mind does not think my body is any older than they are. But -- convention of the group and when I am able to respectfully complete a challenging work I do even have some added respect for my willingness to have taken that challenge.


That is the key to this discussion. F3 is out of the comfort zone and it is a different challenge. The F3 workout is a stretch --even with an old-age modification or two. The challenge is the blessing because it moves me off the plateau and makes me reach just a little further than I thought I might or than I thought I could.


Now, the question, what are you using for your motivation to do something just a bit more challenging?

No comments:

Post a Comment