Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Good Advice from people who continue to build their temples



 My own fitness journey has been one of fits and starts over the past couple of months. That is something I am not proud of and mention it because - It happens.  As has been mentioned so many times in this blog over the years, the hardest exercise I do is opening the door of the YMCA (or gym), Once it is opened, the journey is happening.

Julia Hubbell is a writer whose work I have been following on MEDIUM and recently she talked about the ideas that Steve shared with her about how he is building strength well into his seventies. She wrote about that feedback.

Many of the blog posts that make up the content of this blog are about people over sixty and their fitness journeys.  Often, I wonder if the content is worth it and then I read an article like Julia's this morning and know that we all can benefit from seeing what others are pushing themselves to accomplish.

Personally I have been trying to rebuild my routine though if honest, I will admit it has been with less vigor than when it stalled. My March goals are to put push ups and core work back to pre-gotlazy levels. So I am working on 100 push ups a day and using the exercise ball for crunches - ten sets of 100. Today is March 10 and I have 700 push ups (not all regulation) and 7000 crunches so far for the month. Slowly I am adding a bootfit class and have about four spin classes. So this new journey is beginning to take shape. While I did make the Hartsville F3 six-year convergence, my knees make any semblance of running a fantasy and I have not been back often because of my inability to keep up with the work.


Hartsville F3 Revolution -  they will let me hang out with them even when I can't hang with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment