Saturday, November 20, 2021

Aging Badasses

 Julia Hubbell is a writer on MEDIUM and one of the few I follow regularly.  She writes about a lot of topics and one of the ones I enjoy a lot is her fitness material.  Today, (11-20-21) she was ripping into a person who pranked a gym by pretending to be an old person-weight lifter.  She took the prank very personally because Julia is a weight lifter and she is over 60. 

I wanted to share her writing because she provides example after example of older people who keep on keeping on.  As she states, there is no problem in finding older people who are examples to all with the way they continue to build and use their bodies in the gym.

The other day at the Hartsville, SC YMCA I was on the what the Robbie calls the Hamster Wheel track (one mile equals 17 laps) and there were two other people there.  All three of us were over 70 and I believe I was pulling up the rear.  They gave me something to shoot for. 

If you are thinking about staying in shape despite the calendar -- Julia Hubbell can give you a lot of tips and in the article linked above a lot of examples of people who push the plates (weightlifting term)  every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment