Friday, August 22, 2008

Okay, so why worry about exercising

In line tonight at a spaghetti-dinner benefit and a guy I have known for years came in behind me. As a matter of fact, we happen to share the same birthday. He asked the normal question -- you still running? Okay, it has been years since I was a runner but it was a big part of my life so people ask. I admit that I am now a walker -- and almost don't mind that title, most of the time. But, I might think to myself, why bother? So, I asked this guy a question -- you still working or have you retired. Turns out he has not retired but was out of work for nearly four months, a month for each of the bypasses of his recent heart surgery. One thing regular exercise does is let you know that you are at least doing one small thing to help protect yourself from that dreaded diagnosis -- bypass time.

No comments:

Post a Comment