Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Doing a lot of walking... but

Not totally on purpose.

The four-mile walk this morning was purposeful, and beautiful. The July 1 temperature was cool; the six oclock lighting enchanting and...

The drive to the car care place was purposeful. My van gets dirty and while it may be an extravagance, I really like the way it looks when they finish. So, I stopped the van, gave them the keys and headed back to the college. It is summer and the doors are locked on most Coker buildings so I jammed my hand into the pocket for keys.

There was a key - a big key -- the van key. There were not keys. All the door keys were on the key ring that was at (go ahead, guess) the car care place. So in addition to the walk from the car care place to the college now I had the chance to return to the car care place then walk back to the college and finally walk back to the car care place again to pick up the van. Maybe I should have skipped the purposeful walk this beautiful morning. No! Had I there would not have been much to write about. At the same time, those of you who are among the more than 300 people an hour turning 60, understand that sometimes you will leave the wrong key. It happens (I just wish it wasn't so frequent.) But, I enjoyed the extra miles today in my quest to find the motivation for post-60 exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment