Friday, January 17, 2020

Some days a little goes a long way...

Robbie McLendon has been running what he calls the Bootfit class at the Hartsville YMCA for a lot of years and those who like to jump-start their fitness routine - at any age- would benefit from this High Intensity Training.

The Friday classes are generally a little shorter than other days but the intensity is high. For example, today Robbie had devised three sets of exercises that you did as many reps as possible of the set for five minutes. Then a 30 - second break got you ready for the next set, which was followed by a third.

I did have to modify a bit (honesty) but I think I still made the most of sets.
Set One was a 50 meter backward run ( my balance isnt what it was so mostly I went forward)
Followed by 10 knees to bench.  Second set was 30 jump rope singles (I am not good so many of those jumps were simulated) followed by 15 dips. Third was 100 meter run followed by 20 squats. There was a lot of shortness of breath when the workout was finished. A little goes a long way.

And for a few weeks now Robbie has been adding a core workout to the end of the classes -- because everyone has five more minutes.  I do a lot of core work on my own but these five minute back to back exercises challenge each time we do do them.

And it helps to have other in the class to push you -- even when they generally outperform you. It does not matter what they others - it only matters what you do. And, it matters that you do something no matter what your age.

Let's see if I can add some photos he took today.



1 comment:

  1. I like this " a little goes a long way" advice for so many areas of life.

    ReplyDelete